Today, more than 200 Diabetes Advocated will come together and storm Capital Hill to tell Congress we need to Stop Diabetes! We need You to join the effort by being a part of the Call into Congress.
Call your members of Congress today to ask for funding for diabetes research and prevention programs.
To Participate, follow these easy steps:
- Dial 866-459-1206
- When prompted, enter your zip code and press “1” to confirm you’ve entered it correctly. You’ll b connected to one of your representatives’ offices.
- When a staff person answers, ask to speak to the health aide. Tell the health aide you are a constituent and you strongly urge your Representative/Senator to support American Diabetes Association’s request to increase 2012 federal funding for diabetes research and prevention programs.
- Most calls will end there and you’ll be connected to another one of your representatives. But if you want to add more, you can remind them:
- Stopping diabetes will save taxpayers millions of dollars that would be spent on treating diabetes complications like blindness, amputations and kidney disease.
- Funding for the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases at the National Institutes of Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Division of Diabetes Translation, and the National Diabetes Prevention Programs is essential to preventing, treating and eventually curing diabetes.
Once you get off the phone, tell us how your call went! Thanks for joining our Call into Congress.
Want to know what else you can do to help Stop Diabetes? Sign up now to get action alerts via email and become a Diabetes Advocate!