We’re getting closer, but we need your help to make that final push.
Congratulations to Javiera Gonzalez from The G Team! for winning the SHARP 32” LCD HDTV!!
Javiera’s Tips on Fundraising:
- Write a personal letter stating purpose for walking and asking friends and family for any amount they could donate. Every bit helps!
- Javiera asked her father to take the letter to work and ask his co-workers to donate as well. She also asked her close neighbors and anyone she knew that would be interested.
- It helps to share your personal connection to diabetes. Javiera’s mother lives with Type 2 diabetes and sharing this with those who donated were more understanding of the importance to raise money for diabetes research.
It’s the LAST fundraising contest prize before STEP OUT! – Two Round-Trip Continental Airlines Tickets
The top individual fundraiser (offline and online) will receive these tickets! Winner will be announced next week on November 14th.
As if joining the movement to stop diabetes wasn’t enough reason to register and fundraise for Step Out, starting NOW through November 14, we will be having an exclusive contest for all of our Facebook fans who “like” the Step Out Facebook Page. For all registered participants who “like” our page and change their profile picture to the Step Out logo, they will be entered to win a $100 Visa Gift Card. The Winner will be announced November 14th. For full details of the Facebook Contest, more useful information and daily updates, please visit the Step Out Page.
STEP OUT LEADER BOARD
- 1. John Schlosser – $7,500
- 2. Rhonda Tankersley – $6,000
- 3. Brittany McCurry – $4,475
- 4. John Faulk – $2,525
- 5. Irwin Sivin – $2,510
- 6. Cathy Pierantozzi – $1,820
- 7. Salmon Macgregor – $1,365
- 8. Maya Blackwill – $1,301
- 9. April Fry – $1,285
- 10. Melissas Ambers – $1,271.18
- 1. Kinder Morgan – $23,561
- 2. The Friedkin Group – $7,150
- 3. Mae’s Crew – $6,315
- 4. Team Dignity Memorial – Houston – $5,640
- 5. Sadler Clinic – $3,665
- 6. Omega Psi Phi – Theta Chi Chapter – $2,465
- 7. Omega Psi Phi – Rho Beta Beta – $2,265
- 8. Team Macgregor – $1,765
- 9. Joslin Diabetes Center at Cy Fair Hospital – $1,490
- 10. St. Luke’s Diabetes Champions – $1,305
WOW! YOU ALL ARE AMAZING!