Mission Delivery: Meal Planning and Fitness Edition
You Are in Charge!
Healthy Living=Healthy Choices
Week 4: Flank Steak Stir-Fry
¾ cup reduced sodium vegetable broth
1 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
1 Tbsp. lite soy sauce
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 tsp. rice vinegar
1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
2 tsp. canola oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp. minced ginger
½ lb. lean flank steak, trimmed of excess fat, thinly sliced
3 cups broccoli florets
1 large red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and slices into thin strips
1 cup snow pears, trimmed
2 scallions, white part only, thinly sliced
¼ cup toasted, slivered almonds
- In a small bowl, combine ½ cup of the vegetable broth with the remaining sauce ingredients. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tsp. of the canola oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and ginger, and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the flank steak and stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the steak from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tsp. of canola oil to the pan. Add the broccoli and peppers, and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the remaining ¼ cup of vegetable broth and the snow peas. Cover and steam until the snow peas are lightly cooked, but still crisp and green.
- Return the flank steak to the pan, add the sauce, and gently toss until the sauce is thickened, about 1 minute.
- Garnish with the scallions and almonds, and serve.
Week 4: Fitness
The support that you need is right at your fingertips…
Diabetes 24/7 is a personal health record that allows you to manage your diabetes and share valuable health information with others on your health care team. This application integrates with Microsoft’s HealthVault, which allows you to securely import data from your doctor, pharmacy or laboratory and share the data with anyone you choose, such as your doctor, a family member or a school nurse.
Diabetes 24/7 gives users tools to help monitor their diabetes and to track data such as:
- Blood glucose
- Blood Pressure
- Physical activity
When you have diabetes, you need to make day-to-day and often hour-to-hour decisions about treating blood glucose, exercise and healthy eating. Making those decisions is much easier if you keep track of that data, but tracking that data can be overwhelming. Diabetes 24/7 makes it easier to organize and act on your diabetes management information either easy to use graphs and charts that can be viewed online or printed out.
Diabetes 24/7 has the ability to transmit and share data from HealthVault enabled devices such as pedometers, blood pressure monitors and blood glucose meters, to make it easier to manage diabetes. Diabetes 24/7 also seamlessly integrates information from other HealthVault applications so that users only have to download or input results once.
We hope that you take advantage of the resources that we offer you. For more information about Diabetes 24/7 please visit us at www.diabetes.org.
-Your Mission Delivery Team